Monday, August 23, 2021

A Summer of Opportunity

 As we all had a different 2020 one way or another, I think we can all agree that 2020 showed us we need to appreciate any opportunity we are given. I was fortunate enough to have a summer in 2021 that was filled with family, friends, milestones, work, vacations and opportunity. 

Summer for me started with buying a house. While things are still in the process of being touched up, upgraded, etc, I could not be happier with where I ended up and the space that I now get to call home. A huge THANK YOU goes out to my parents for their endless support and help with moving even if I got all the junk from them downsizing that I may or may not have wanted😉. Below are some pictures of my house after painting 3 rooms, installing new carpet and lots and lots of cleaning. 

(Click this link to see pictures of the new Koehler Kave)

I was also then able to embark on a crazy 16 days of summer where I had a lot of traveling, moving and fun! It started with a college roommate wedding, and while we may be getting older (just guess my age now), you still cannot replace the love and enjoyment that a wedding brings. Following that I traveled to Omaha for 5 days for a recruiting trip but was also able to experience my 1st ever College World Series. Even though I was in attendance for one of the strangest games of my life when NC State had COVID eliminate half their team, the CWS is something that any baseball fan needs to experience. 


After returning from Omaha I headed to the Wisconsin Dells for another 4 day recruiting trip. And don't worry while doing that I closed and moved into my new house as well. Still not sure how all that happened at the same time. Ohh and I forgot to mention also got to enjoy my 1st Country Jam experience with some wonderful coworkers, seeing a good friends first born and a Bucks NBA CHAMPIONSHIP!!


Then the past 11 days I went on the trip of a lifetime with a great friend and brother. This was a trip that sounds great as a plan and on paper but it surpassed expectations! We were able to continue our goal of seeing every Major League Baseball stadium while also experiencing some historic and touristy cities. We were able to experience the history and passion that Red Sox fans have at Fenway to the 9/11 museum in New York City. All in all visiting the following cities and stadiums is something that I will never forget: (If you click each link/city it will take you to pictures from that trip)

  • Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia along with the Rocky steps and the Liberty Bell
  • Fenway Park in Boston and all the old houses and streets
  • Citi Field in New York along with 9/11 Museum, Empire State Building, and Madison Square Garden
  • Yankee Stadium in New York while also seeing Central Park, and Statue of Liberty
  • Nationals Stadium in Washington D.C. along with all the monuments in DC
  • Camden Yards in Baltimore, the beautiful harbor and Babe Ruth's childhood house
  • Progressive Field in Cleveland while seeing Owen Miller and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
While I hope you enjoy looking through some of the pictures from my summer, I have to remember that 2020 showed us the value in embracing each day and opportunity you are given. Now on to my 7th year in education.

No comments:

Post a Comment